Technology: Friend or Foe?
As I get farther
and farther into my Education 250 class, I am becoming both more reassured and
more stressed. My two professors have done great justice in empowering our
class as students to find the answers ourselves. This not only encourages
critical thinking but allows us to see some of what we should do in our own
classroom. They have aided the class with accessing many tools, including
Internet sites like Taskstream and TeachScape.
This week, TeachScape
has become my new enemy as I am currently struggling with a technology barrier.
I have encountered numerous problems from inconsistent wifi, to being unable to
locate the modules, to my computer not allowing me to submit completed
readings. Prior to both Monday and Wednesday’s class meetings, I became
extremely frustrated from trying to access my work. My outlook turned sourly
pessimistic as I am not a huge fan of technology.
However, after today’s session, I feel much more
accepting of the obstacles I will undoubtedly continue to face. My class spent
the majority of the class period talking about how we live in a world run by
technology and how its integration into the school system is inevitable. We can’t
ignore it or reject the use of it in classrooms because for some children, it’s
all they know. Instead, we must incorporate it as a scaffold of student
learning. Although it will produces a giant learning curve for me, I am slowly
starting to appreciate the potential it brings to a typical “dull math class.”
I am more than ready to conquer my battles with technology and be more equipped
for my students’ needs.
I agree with you. This class is, when it comes to technology, very demanding. As of right now we have ten websites we have to use and keep up with in this class. I’m not at all tech savvy. It’s almost like being quartering with all the stuff we have to keep up with excluding our other classes. Not to mention having to learn how to navigate and use these websites. Thankfully, for the most part, I think I’ve got all this under control. As for the problems you’re having with Teachscape I’ve encountered the same problems but I figured out how to fix them. I’m not the smartest guy when it comes to technology but I think I have Teachscape under control. So if you need any help with it I’d be happy to help.
ReplyDeleteI'm agree with you and more than that I feel the same and I decided also to take technology like the most important thing to work on for the future students and to be able to offer them as much as we can, being professionals and being able to adapt ourselves in a education and technological world.
ReplyDeleteYou made me feel more agree with the idea and I'll look for that with passion!
Technology has me on the same drift Syd. Me and technology have been going through problems too. I agree with what you are saying about conquering technology in the near future. It will be a challenge but we can do it. Great post.
ReplyDelete